EOPPEP organised and implemented successfully in March 30 2021, the International Web Conference «VET Graduates Tracking System in the labor market – the case of IVET graduates – key findings and conclusions», in terms of «ΕQAVET NRPs 2019-2021», of the ΕRASMUS+, and as an appointed NRP (law 4115/2013) of the EQAVET Network.
The Research focused on IVET graduates tracking in the labor market, aiming specifically to capture the Vocational Education and Training services level of sufficiency, in conjunction to the labor market needs. 9.830 graduates of Public and Private IVET Institutions participated in the Research, comprising all the regions of Greece and a vast spectrum of specialties, as long as 1.000 enterprises and individual employers (SME’s) that employ IVET graduates.
One of the key and substantial findings of the Research is that IVET graduates Certificate, issued by EOPPEP, is of utmost importance, in the labor market induction and for sustainable employability
- Regarding current IVET graduates employability, it is worth noticing that non- holders of State (EOPPEP) Certification face a higher unemployment hazard, compared to State Certificate holders. Employers, in parallel, emphasize on the paramount importance of Certification, given that a substantial share (48,05) utilizes the Certificate as a major criterion for recruitment of IVET graduates
- Regarding the relevance of IVET specialty to current employment status of graduates, it is apparently obvious that State (EOPPEP) Certification is of crucial importance. According to the findings, holders of State Certificate are employed in posts of higher relevance to their specialty (62.97 %) compared to the non – holders (49,28 %)
During the launch of the Conference, official greetings were addressed by Mr. Voutsinos, General Secretary of VET, LLL and Youth, of the Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, Mr Vavougyios, President and CEO of the National Institute of Labor and Human Resources and Ms Papaefhymiou, President of the Board of EOPPEP.
Distinguished national and European officials and key note speakers participated in the Conference, namely, representatives of the European Commission, of EQAVET Secretariat and also representatives of NRP’s from Slovenia and Croatia, which presented the state of play in VET, in European and national level, alongside with the current VET graduate tracking systems.
Following the presentation of the main findings of the Research on IVET graduate tracking, a round table discourse was held, with the active engagement of the representative of Social Partners and various stakeholders. The discussion was distinctively interesting, as there were highlighted State Certificate specific convergence and deviation spots, from the point of view of employers and employees. In this round table participated Mr Goulas, General Director of INE and KANEP/ GSEE (from the General Confederation of Workers of Greece), Mr Lintzeris, Executive Director of IME/ GSEVEE (form the General Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen and Merchants of Greece), Mr Kikilias, General Director of INSETE/ SETE (from the Greek Tourism Confederation), Mr Priftis, Director of KAELE/ESEE (from the Hellenic Confederation of Commerce and Entrepreneurship ) and Mr Filinis, political analyst, from the Hellenic Federation of Enterprises.
Moreover, the floor was given to IVET Institutions representatives, which addressed the high stakes of linking VET to labor market, but also to VET students themselves, who initiated significant suggestions for the substantial VET system reform and improvement.
During the wrap up of the Conference, Ms Ioanna Lytrivi, EOPPEP CEO, underlined: «The key findings of the current Research alongside with other relevant high scale endeavors, are of crucial importance, mainly due to the potential dynamics that create towards the upgrade of quality and efficiency of VET in Greece. They suggest a vigorous opportunity to scrutinize were this pillar of our education system is lagging, which, in contrast, can be transformed into a dynamic springboard for national development. These activities are aiming to reform and renovate our IVET system, mainly via the foundation of a constant link with the labor market, hence the establishment of further enhancement of a link between IVET Institutions and the official employment statutory bodies and labor organisations. Ultimately, these activities will establish VET as an attractive and dynamic career choice, within the Greek family and the society, in a wider sense”.
For the Press Release, please, press here
For the Conference Program, please,press here
For the key findings of the Research of VET graduates Tracking, please, press here
For the conference photos, please, press here
Main parts of the Conference on You Tube
1. Conference launching – Official greetings- EU representatives – EOPPEP CEO – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7D6EXZmne0
2. Mechanism for Identifying labor market needs/EIEAD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3HX7cVmvkU
3. Findings of the Research of VET graduates Tracking – round table discussion- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZrVqRA59Q
4. Round table - Social Partners - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cb0Ep5fxGM
5. EQAVET Secretariat- Slovenia and Croatia NRP’s- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIn5J9pLvQ
6. IVET Institutions representatives and IVET students - Discussion- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I68TBCZmFbw
7. Conclusions – Wrap up- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2IGzlqTfPU